Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Hobbit

Ok, I can't figure this one out...

Peter Jackson has been dropped from The Hobbit. By dropped I mean "fired".

What was the studio thinking? Ok, I admit... King Kong wasn't the best film in the world... But The Lord of the Rings grossed 3 billion dollars worldwide...

This sounds like firing your star quarterback right before you go into the Superbowl!

Once again the Almighty Dollar has prevailed in Hollywood, and story quality and substance will be set aside to make way for Profit.

If they ever do make the Hobbit, I'm leaning towards not seeing it now, just out of protest.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joben said...

That is interesting... But I don't know by the time it is made and comes out I may just be up for watching it but keeping my arms folded through the whole movie making a sour face... That's protesting right?

10:40 AM  
Blogger Ashes for Beauty said...

sounds like protest to me

12:18 PM  
Blogger cylentlark3535 said...

That's definately protesting... Good idea... That means I can watch it and point out all the ways Peter Jackson would have made it better!

1:04 PM  
Blogger amanda. said...

That means I can watch it and point out all the ways Peter Jackson would have made it better!

I like that idea. Only it'll have to be after movie because I'll be too busy trying to enjoy the movie and pout at the same time during the actual movie.

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home